Thursday, February 24, 2011

most famous quotes

The language of friendship is not words, but meanings.
- Henry David Thoreau
Add to Favorite List

We are always paid for our suspicion by finding what we suspect.
- Henry David Thoreau
Add to Favorite List

It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it's the parts that I do understand.
- Mark Twain
Add to Favorite List

Home is the place, when you have to go there, they have to take you in.
- Robert Frost
Add to Favorite List

Marriage is one long conversation checkered by disputes.
- Robert Louis Stevenson
Add to Favorite List

I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.
- Abraham Lincoln
Add to Favorite List

Politics is more dangerous than war, for in war you are only killed once.
- Winston Churchill
Add to Favorite List

Success is never found. Failure is never fatal. Courage is the only thing.
- Winston Churchill
Add to Favorite List

Once you say you're going to settle for second, that's what happens to you in life, I find.
- John F. Kennedy
Add to Favorite List

Children are the world's most valuable resource and its best hope for the future.
- John F. Kennedy
Add to Favorite List

If you would be loved, love and be lovable.
- Benjamin Franklin
Add to Favorite List

Who is wise? He that learns from everyone. Who is powerful? He that governs his passions. Who is rich? He that is content. Who is that? Nobody.
- Benjamin Franklin
Add to Favorite List

Don't hate, it's too big a burden to bear.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Add to Favorite List

In Heaven, all the interesting people are missing.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Add to Favorite List

The magic of first love is our ignorance that it can ever end.
- Benjamin Disraeli
Add to Favorite List

One man who has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
- George Bernard Shaw
Add to Favorite List

I can't believe that God plays dice with the universe.
- Albert Einstein
Add to Favorite List

I think and think for months, for years. Ninety-nine times the conclusion is false. The hundredth time I am right.
- Albert Einstein
Add to Favorite List

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
- Mother Teresa
Add to Favorite List

Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em.
- William Shakespeare
Add to Favorite List

My words fly up, my thoughts remain below; Words without thoughts never to heaven go.
- William Shakespeare
Add to Favorite List